The Android 11 developer preview appears to be coming along swimmingly with the first update landing today. Dubbed Android 11 developer preview 1.1, this update doesn’t introduce any new features — just a plethora of new patches and bug fixes.
All tweaks made to this Android 11 DP update address development feedback Google has received in the testing process thus far. Check out the full changelog below.
Android 11 DP 1.1 update changelog
- Apps targeting Android 11 no longer receive an erroneous security exception if they try to request a foreground location permission, such as ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION or ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION, and any other permission at the same time.
- Android Studio and tools
- armeabi-v7a apps no longer cause x86 Emulator images to crash.
- NDK apps targeting Android 11 are no longer blocked from building because of an issue with the Android Gradle Plugin. This fix is included in both Android Studio 4.0 Beta 2 (or higher) and Android Studio 4.1 Canary 1 (or higher).
- Non-SDK interface restrictions
- Greylist restrictions have been temporarily relaxed on a small number of methods used by OkHTTP and related SDKs that are in widespread use. This should provide app developers with more time to test and update their libraries before these restrictions are reinstated later in the Developer Preview.
- Fixed an issue where a fatal exception was being thrown by com.android.phone.
- Fixed an issue where using the gsi_gms_arm64-userdebug build failed to boot on Pixel 3 devices.
- Fixed an issue where the Setup Wizard would crash when running on Pixel 4 XL devices.
Read also: Hands-on with the first Android 11 developer preview
If you want to take this developer preview for a spin, OTA and factory images are available for all Pixel devices (excluding the original Pixels) as well as the Android Emulator. Just keep in mind, it’s still not recommended for daily use. The Android 11 developer preview is intended for development and testing purposes only, and this update doesn’t change that.
More posts about Android 11
Trackbacks and pingbacks
No trackback or pingback available for this article.